God’s agent for transforming lives and communities…
The past few weeks I had heard of so many of the struggles the churches in our city face in this “post-Covid” season. The low levels of reengagement from attendees all the way through to some pastors laying down their role in leadership really struck me. This led to several conclusions in my mind:
- Firstly, I am so thankful being part of this wonderful church and the wisdom in which we were lead through the pandemic!
- Secondly, the resolve to do only a few things in line with our mission rather than trying to fulfil all the needs of our community. This is the right route to take in this phase of the journey.
- Thirdly, being patient as people recover from the stresses due to all the environmental changes is important. People are still rebuilding capacity on an emotional, mental and spiritual level; and for some, even economically.
The church is God’s only agent that will bring the gospel of God’s Kingdom to a world that is doing it tough - we therefore want to grow and plant strong faith communities.
'His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.'
Ephesians 3:10-11 NIV
We see this expressed in three decisions we made as a church at the end of last year:
- We will take the first term of the year to have a broad-based discipleship process to help us align the 7 key areas of our lives with Christ’s purpose for us. For this we are running the Transformed Campaign.
- It is biblical for all ministries to be led by strong teams, therefore we are focusing on re-establishing core teams for every critical ministry during this term.
- We are reaching out to struggling congregations in partnership with Churches of Christ Victoria and Tasmania in order to empower them in this difficult season.
Pray with us for God’s guidance in this, and build your capacity to be able to be His presence in every place!
Internet drop-out during Sunday Service
This past weekend there were two internet dropouts that stifled the online streaming. The available material has been edited and uploaded to our YouTube
Channel for your convenience.
This weekend saw lots of big wins for our young people. On Friday night, we had just under 200 youth gather together for a Merge event hosted here at Berwick. Youth groups from the Casey/Cardinia area of all different denominations came together and joined under the one name, Jesus! Gareth Dutlow, the worship pastor at City Life Casey, shared with us the importance of living out a life of worship. Included in the night was a session of extended worship where we saw the youth deeply engage and encounter God for themselves. It was a powerful night that left the youth empowered to live a life for Jesus.
Forge Young Adults
70 of our young adults had a fantastic time Sunday at our Y&Y service. Pastor Braam preached a great message on our purpose of being His presence in every place. Bringing love, hope and faith to our community where God has placed us.
are going to CYC The Island at Phillip Island on Friday 19th March 2021 - Sunday 21st March 2021. Transport will be provided by responsible adult leaders. All food is provided. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Genny Smith on 97021011
/ [email protected]
. Register here.
Book March 7th service now!
Booking is essential. Book here.